AA Bargaining Update, Nov. 18
The Joint Association Mechanic & Related/Stores and Fleet Negotiating Committees met with American Airlines this week in Dallas. Updates from both committees are below.
The following negotiation dates have been scheduled for the rest of the year:
Week of December 5 – DCA Week of December 12 – LAS
Fleet Service Update
This week, we focused on overtime and vacations, and during this session we exchanged multiple proposals and held several lengthy deliberations. We understand that these articles are very important to the membership and the complexity of the two separate agreements requires extensive attention to detail in the language proposed. While we have not reached tentative agreements with the company, we have reduced the outstanding issues in these articles.
In the meantime, the company has not responded to the following articles for an extended period of time:
- Recognition of Rights and Compliance – The company wants to reserve the right to direct or assign our work under certain circumstances, without the direction of a Crew Chief/Lead.
- Holidays – The rate of pay and the number of holidays are the outstanding issues in this article.
- Sick Time – We remain apart on the number of sick days accrued each year and the accrual bank balance.
- Part-Time – The company wants to base the part-time ratio on the total number of fleet service employees versus the total number of full-time employees.
|Shift Differential||Preamble||Training, Travel Pay, Meal Per Diem|
|Grievance Procedures||Leaves of Absence||Meal Periods|
|Representation||Field Work||System Board of Adjustment|
|Uniforms||Absence from Duty||No strike / No Lockout|
|Fitness for Duty||Bulletin Boards||Probation|
|Safety & Health||Purpose of Agreement||Termination of Employment|
|Shift Trades||Furlough Benefits||Work Schedules|
|Mike Baskett||Mike Fairbanks||Pete Hogan||Tim Hughes|
|Steve Miller||Brian Oyer||Pat Rezler||Art Risley|
|Andre Sutton||Rodney Walker||Bill Wilson||Tim Murphy|
Mechanic and Related/Stores Update
During this week’s session, the Committee exchanged and discussed the following articles:
- Hours of Service – M&R, MLS & MCT – We exchanged multiple proposals on this Article in an effort to reach closure. As we closed the week, we believe that we are close to reaching a tentative agreement.
- Vacation – MCT – We presented a counter proposal on this Article.
- Limited Duty- M&R, MLS, MTS and MCT –The company presented a counter proposal on this Article. We will continue to work on our response to their counter proposal.
- Overtime – M&R – We did not exchange or discuss this Article in this session. We remain steadfast in our positions on NO mandatory overtime, limiting job continuation and pay for overtime bypass.
- Overtime – MLS and MCT- We did not exchange or discuss this article in this session. We remain steadfast in our positions on NO mandatory overtime and pay for overtime bypass.
- Vacation – M&R & MLS – We are waiting for the company to respond to our proposal.
- Holidays – M&R, MLS, MTS and MCT – We have narrowed this Article down to holiday payment. We did not receive a proposal from the company this week.
M&R= Mechanic & Related
MLS= Material Logistics Specialists (Stores)
MTS- Maintenance Training Specialists
MCT= Maintenance Control Technicians
|Purpose||Preamble||Safety & Health|
|Bulletin Boards||Uniforms||MCT-Dress Attire|
|Sick Leave||Leaves of Absence||Part Time Employees/Eliminated|
|Absence from Duty||Representation||Probationary Period|
|Management Rights||No strike / No Lockout||Fitness for Duty|
Recognition of Rights
System Board of
|Furlough/Severance||Termination of Employment/Eliminated||Field Trip/Travel Pay|
|Shift Swaps (Change of Shift)||Training: M&R MCT MLS||Shift Swap MCT|
|Rebids, Hours of Service (HOS)||Ten Hour Shifts (HOS)||Realignment (HOS)|
|Reduction in Force (HOS)||Recall (HOS)||
One Station Agreements
M&R & MLS
*HOS = Hours of Service
Upcoming negotiating sessions:
The week of Dec. 5-DCA The week of Dec. 12 LAS
The week of Jan. 9-PHX The week of Jan 24-MCO
|Jason Best||Mike Bush||Ken Coley||John Coveny|
|Dale Danker||Mark Huffman||Bennie Martino||Gary Peterson|
|Larry Pike||Sean Ryan||Jay Sleeman||Mark Strength|