AA Bargaining Update – May 27
Sisters and Brothers,
The Mechanic & Related/Stores and Fleet Service Negotiating Committees met with American Airlines the week of May 23 in Dallas.
Mechanic & Related/Stores Update
During this week’s sessions, your Negotiating Committee exchanged and discussed the following articles:
- Furlough/Severance – M&R, MLS, MTS & MCT: We reached a tentative agreement on this article.
- Termination of Employment: This article was incorporated into the Furlough/Severance article and a tentative agreement was reached to eliminate “Furlough/Severance” from the JCBA.
- Training/Travel Pay – M&R, MLS, MTS & MCT: We exchanged a proposal on this article with the company and are awaiting their response.
Field Trips/Travel Pay – M&R, MLS, MTS & MCT: Your committee has developed language to adequately address the membership’s concerns related to this article and is prepared to submit our proposal to the company during the next negotiating session.
|Purpose||Preamble||Safety & Health|
|Bulletin Boards||Uniforms||MCT-Dress Attire|
|Sick Leave||Leaves of Absence||Part Time Employees/Eliminated|
|Absence from Duty||Representation||Probationary Period|
|Management Rights||No strike / No Lockout||Fitness for Duty|
Recognition of Rights
System Board of
|Furlough/Severance||Termination of Employment/Eliminated|
Below is the negotiations schedule for the next three months (corrected from the omission of last week’s bulletin):
|Week of June 13, DFW||Week of July 11, DFW||Week of August 8, DFW|
|Week of June 20, DCA||Week of July 25, NYC||Week of August 22, NYC|
|Week of June 27, DFW||Week of August 1, DFW||Week of August 29, DCA|
|Jason Best||Mike Bush||Ken Coley||John Coveny|
|Dale Danker||Mark Huffman||Bennie Martino||Gary Peterson|
|Larry Pike||Sean Ryan||Jay Sleeman||Mark Strength|
Fleet Service Update
Although we have not reached tentative agreements on specific, open joint contract articles, we have worked very hard and have made progress. When we exchanged our initial proposals with the company regarding open articles, we found several differences that needed to be resolved. As the process has moved forward, we have resolved several of them. We’ve made substantial progress on open articles and are closer to achieving tentative agreements on these important joint contract provisions.
This week the Fleet Negotiating Committee reached TAs on the following articles:
- Furlough Benefits (formerly “Severance Allowance”) – We were able to reach an agreement with enhancements for Association members.
- Termination of Employment – This article was removed from the TWU agreement and language has been inserted into the new Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Shift Trades – After multiple exchanges with the company, we achieved a comprehensive agreement on this article.
Thus far, the Fleet Committee has tentative agreements on the following Articles:
|Shift Differential||Preamble||Training, Travel Pay, Meal Per Diem|
|Grievance Procedures||Leaves of Absence||Meal Periods|
|Representation||Field Work||System Board of Adjustment|
|Uniforms||Absence from Duty||No strike / No Lockout|
|Fitness for Duty||Bulletin Boards||Probation|
|Safety & Health||Purpose of Agreement||Termination of Employment|
|Shift Trades||Furlough Benefits|
Our next negotiating session is scheduled for the week of June 13, and the next three weeks thereafter.
|Mike Baskett||Mike Fairbanks||Pete Hogan||Tim Hughes|
|Mike Mayes||Steve Miller||Brian Oyer||Pat Rezler|
|Art Risley||Andre Sutton||Rodney Walker||Bill Wilson|